Film Base is where we find out how our favourite image creators see their world, more often than not the view is from where you’d rather be. This week, Corona Extra pays tribute to filmmaker, Riley Blakeway by letting him tell his story, in a collection of his own images.
Riley has an incredible ability to depict the emotion of his subject – this connection transcends all of his films, let it be skate, surf, documentary or commercial work. The final product is always something that has you re-visiting your own experiences, while drawing parallels on what you’ve just witnessed. Riley directed our latest film ‘Someplace Else‘, a project that sent him on the road in Mexico with a collection of surfers, skaters, artists and a musician.
1. Who is Riley?
2. Where is home?
3. Who are your mates?
4. Your ultimate mode of transport?
5. What’s your state of mind?
6. Weirdest place you’ve been?
7. Most interesting human to shoot?
8. What does silence look like?
9. Where’s your workplace?
10. Something that confuses you?
11. Your idea of an adventure?